Storage & Insurance
Through the Spirit Traders logistics department, the following is ensured:
- All Whisky is stored in owners’ names and can only be removed with their consent.
- An annual audit of clients’ holdings is undertaken by the relevant countries Customs and Excise.
- Climate-controlled and vertical storing conditions, which are ideal for Whisky storage.
- Holdings are held in bond under state-of-the-art security.
- Clients’ accounts are maintained individually.
- All casks held under Bond are Governed by HMRC.
How do I know when my Whisky is mature?
Your Whisky is mature after 3 years. It can only be called a Scottish Whisky if stored in a government-bonded warehouse in Speyside Scotland.